Appalachian Wellness Center has been providing quality healthcare since our founding in 2008. It is my mission to provide holistic health services at reasonable cost to Hancock County and its surrounding areas. I believe that the best way to achieve this goal is to bring these services closer to you and offer services that you would usually have to travel to a big city for.
The Appalachian Wellness Center was founded by Steven Schwartz. Steven carries dual licensing in both acupuncture as well as massage therapy. With 30 years of experience bringing a combination of knowledge and understanding to help serve your needs. With expertise in pain management, and functional disorders I can help with most health issues.
- Began studies in Oriental Medicine and Oriental Massage Therapy in 1979
- Massage and Shiatsu Therapist since 1981
- Licensed in Massage Therapy in NYS since 1992
- Carry dual licensing for acupuncture and massage therapy in TN
- Achieved Masters Degree in Oriental Medicine in 2006
- Developed professional level programs for Shiatsu Oriental Massage Therapy that were taught in 3 states
- Extensive training in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Swedish Massage, Medical Massage
- Founding member of Wellness Defined
- Professional Member of ABMP (American Bodywork & Massage Professionals)
- NCCAOM Certified
- NCBTMB Certified